RWANDA DUKUNDE KAWA COOPERATIVE - FAIR TRADE ORGANIC
A delight of a coffee on the lighter end of our dark roast range - expect a smooth, bright and aromatic, nutty cup.
- PRODUCER: Dukunde Kawa Cooperative
- ORIGIN: Near Musasa, Gakenke District
- VARIETAL: Bourbon
- ALTITUDE: 1800+ m.
- PROCESS: Wet-processing.
YEMEN MOCCA SANANI
Heirloom Arabica - simply the best coffee available from one of the first countries to cultivate coffee. Decadent - figs, dark chocolate, sweet cream and black tea aromatics.
- PRODUCER: Ali Hiba Muslot & Sons, Sana'a
- ORIGIN: Area surrounding Sana'a, paralleling the Red Sea and bordered by Ta'izz to the south and Sa'dah to the north.
- VARIETAL: Original rootstock from Ethiopia.
- ALTITUDE: 2000 - 2500 m.
- PROCESS: Full natural style, sun-dried.
ETHIOPIAN NINE BROTHERS QUEEN CITY HARRAR
The preferred coffee for dark roast lovers. Earthy tones, a complex full bodied flavour and low acid typical of traditional natural processing
- PRODUCER: Small scale farmers.
- ORIGIN: Ahmar Mountain Range, eastern fringe Rift Valley
- ALTITUDE: 1200 - 2100 m.
- PROCESS: Hand-sorted, full natural style.
ETHIOPIAN NATURAL SIDAMO GUJI
Wine-like tones with a rich, balanced profile. We roast this coffee lighter to highlight the deep, fruity flavours and low acidity associated with traditional natural processing.
- PRODUCER: Coffee farmers marketed by Grima Edema of Guji Coffee Export
- ORIGIN: Guji region of Sidamo, Southern Ethiopia.
- VARIETAL: Indigenous heirloom cultivars.
- ALTITUDE: 1800 - 2200 m.
- PROCESS: Full natural style, sun-dried on raised beds.
KENYA MURANGA NEW IRATI AA
- PRODUCER: Family-owned half-acre farms organized around the New Irati processing factory managed by the Kangiri Farmers Co-operative Society.
- ORIGIN: Murang'a county in the foothills of Mount Kenya.
- VARIETAL: SL28, SL34, and Ruiru 11.
- ALTITUDE: 1340 - 1950 m.
- PROCESS: Fully washed, dried on raised beds.
TANZANIAN RUVUMA AA
This fresh crop Mbinga coffee is again the lightest in our African collection. Medium body with warmth and fruit brightened by spice notes and a snappy acidity that, while tempered, still shines through the light-to-medium roast.
- PRODUCER: Small holder farmers in the Ruvuma region.
- ORIGIN: Steep hillsides of the Mbinga District, Ruvuma Region.
- VARIETAL: N5, N39 (Bourbon)
- ALTITUDE: 1200 - 1800 m.
- PROCESS: Wet-processed in 13 new central pulperies and 8 mini-pulperies. Sun dried on raised bed.
ETHIOPIAN SIDAMO FTO OROMIA COOPERATIVE UNION - Not available single origin.
- PRODUCER: Oromia Coffee Farmers Cooperative Union established in 1999.
- ORIGIN: Oromia region, southwest rainforest.
- ALTITUDE: 1550 - 2200 m.
- PROCESS: Wet-processed, sun dried.
* Producer profile and location photos courtesy of Royal Coffee.